Powered By Blogger

torsdag 1 november 2012

Cemetery Gates


 Reverend reverend is this some conspiracy?
 Crucified for no sins
 An image beneath me
 Whats within our plans for life
 It all seems so unreal
 I'm a man cut in half in this world
 Left in my misery...

 The reverend he turned to me
 Without a tear in his eyes
 It's nothing new for him to see
 I didn't ask him why
 I will remember
 The love our souls had
 Sworn to make
 Now I watch the falling rain
 All my mind can see
 Now is your (face)

 Well I guess
 You took my youth
 I gave it all away
 Like the birth of a
 New-found joy
 This love would end in rage
 And when she died
 I couldn't cry
 The pride within my soul
 You left me incomplete
 All alone as the
 Memories now unfold.

 Believe the word
 I will unlock my door
 And pass the
 Cemetery gates

 Sometimes when I'm alone
 I wonder aloud
 If you're watching over me
 Some place far abound
 I must reverse my life
 I can't live in the past
 Then set my soul free
 Belong to me at last

 Through all those
 Complex years
 I thought I was alone
 I didn't care to look around
 And make this world my own
 And when she died
 I should've cried and spared myself some pain...
 Left me incomplete
 All alone as the memories still remain

 The way we were
 The chance to save my soul
 And my concern is now in vain
 Believe the word
 I will unlock my door
 And pass the cemetery gates

1 kommentar: