Powered By Blogger

onsdag 24 december 2014

Världens bästa julsång





God jul på er

Fairytale Of New York
(Shane MacGowan/Jem Finer)
It was Christmas Eve babe 
In the drunk tank 
An old man said to me, won´t see another one
And then he sang a song 
The Rare Old Mountain Dew 
And I turned my face away 
And dreamed about you 

Got on a lucky one 
Came in eighteen to one 
I´ve got a feeling
This year's for me and you 
So happy Christmas 
I love you baby 
I can see a better time 
When all our dreams come true 

They´ve got cars big as bars
They´ve got rivers of gold
But the wind goes right through you 
It´s no place for the old

When you first took my hand 
On a cold Christmas Eve 
You promised me 
Broadway was waiting for me 

You were handsome 
You were pretty 
Queen of New York City 
When the band finished playing 
They howled out for more 
Sinatra was swinging 
All the drunks they were singing 
We kissed on the corner 
Then danced through the night 

The boys of the NYPD choir 
Were singing ´Galway Bay´
And the bells were ringing 
Out for Christmas day 

You´re a bum, you´re a punk
You´re an old slut on junk
Living there almost dead on a drip 
In that bed 

You scum bag 
You maggot 
You cheap lousy faggot 
Happy Christmas your arse 
I pray God it´s our last

I could have been someone 
Well, so could anyone
You took my dreams 
From me when I first found you 
I kept them with me babe 
I put them with my own 
Can't make it all alone 
I've built my dreams around you

The boys of the NYPD choir 
Were singing ´Galway Bay´
And the bells were ringing 
Out for Christmas day

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar