Powered By Blogger

lördag 24 december 2011

Världens bästa julsång

God jul på er

Fairytale Of New York

(Shane MacGowan/Jem Finer)
It was Christmas Eve babe
In the drunk tank
 An old man said to me, won´t see another one
And then he sang a song
The Rare Old Mountain Dew
And I turned my face away
And dreamed about you

Got on a lucky one
Came in eighteen to one
 I´ve got a feeling
This year's for me and you
So happy Christmas
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true

 They´ve got cars big as bars
 They´ve got rivers of gold
But the wind goes right through you
 It´s no place for the old

When you first took my hand
On a cold Christmas Eve
You promised me
Broadway was waiting for me

You were handsome
You were pretty
Queen of New York City
When the band finished playing
They howled out for more
Sinatra was swinging
All the drunks they were singing
We kissed on the corner
Then danced through the night

The boys of the NYPD choir
 Were singing ´Galway Bay´
And the bells were ringing
Out for Christmas day

 You´re a bum, you´re a punk
 You´re an old slut on junk
Living there almost dead on a drip
In that bed

You scum bag
You maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
 I pray God it´s our last

I could have been someone
 Well, so could anyone
You took my dreams
From me when I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you

The boys of the NYPD choir
 Were singing ´Galway Bay´
And the bells were ringing
Out for Christmas day

1 kommentar: